The store I work at is clearing everything out..So of course I'm scrounging for all the freebies to be had..We use this tub for display. It's perfect with a little bit of chalkboard paint and white painted letters..Bathroom here I come...
I've never worked with burlap before but when I saw this craft on Craftaholics Anonymous and fell in love with it I knew I had to go for it...I first tried with the felt I already had at home but the wire wasn't thick enough so the whole thing just sagged..I bought extra burlap at Joann's today cause I can think of a few future projects for them...
It was a fun night with some great friends..As you can see the black and white napkin was the most popular one to use..They came out great...I actually love the floral printed one the best...They were easy to make...waiting between each varnish was the longest part of all... Here is how to make them..
list of items needed...
napkins..Tuesday Morning has the best selection
tiles..I use the cheap 16 cent ones
felt for bottom
1. decide the pattern of the napkin for the tile...
2. Spread modge podge on the top of the tile.
3. Place the napkin on the tile.
4. Smooth out the wrinkles on the napkin, tile.
5. Let dry for about 5 minutes
6. Tear the rest of the napkin off so that only the top of the tile has the pattern. If you don't like how it turned out, this is the point where you can wash of the napkin and start over.
7. once the napkin is dry on the tile, spread polyurethane over the top...do this three times so that it is well coated.
8. Place felt underneath..I put little self adhesive felt circles underneath from Lowes.
I got this idea for the Napkin Tile coasters from UCreate...She posted a link done by DIY Maven on how to make coasters using napkins, ceramic tiles, and modge podge..I love it....This is my trial one and then this Tuesday my church group will get together and try it..I will post pictures of their creations.