Thursday, August 13, 2009

Spaghetti alla tonno....

Tuna Spaghetti
Since serving my mission in Italy I have loved cooking Italian..Thank goodness the family loves eating it....

2 tbl of olive oil

one small onion..diced

1 can of tuna in olive oil ( makes it moister)

1 28 ounce can of pureed tomatoes..( I do whole tomatos and pure them in the food processor)

1 teaspoon of salt

2 tbls of dried italian herbs

1 package of spaghetti...

boil salted water for the pasta..in the mean time heat up the oil in a sauce pan...When oil is hot throw in the diced onion.. saute till golden brown..then add the pureed tomatoes ,the can of tuna, the salt, and the herbs..let simmer for 15minutes...With the pasta follow the directions on the box..I don't put olive oil in the pot for the spaghetti..Once ready, drain, and mix with tomato sauce...Add grated Parmesan cheese and you are ready...Buena!
hint..I take a couple of onions, peel off their skin and throw toss them in the food processor..I then freeze them in individual ice cube trays..once frozen I place them in a freezer bag and just grab one cube when needed.

No comments: